Over $180 billion is leaving Chinese stock markets. Is China's world market clout waning?
An emerging investor sentiment is to "avoid China." A Bank of America survey detailed a pessimistic outlook for China's economy among 200 foreign investors, with experts warning of an even bigger housing crisis than the embattled Chinese property giant Evergrande. What's really going on with China's economy?
Topics in this episode:
- $188 Billion Pulled from Chinese Market
- 'Avoid China': Bank of America Surveys 200 Investors
- China Evergrande Shares Sink 25% After Staff Detention
- China Economy Faces Worsening Real Estate Crisis as Major Developer Country Garden Struggles
- China Sees Lowest Housing Prices in Past Decade
- Why Is Beijing Stockpiling Gold? China's Central Bank Cuts Gold Import Curb
- China Investment in Brazil Hits Lowest Since 2009
- National Security Adviser Meets with Chinese Diplomat
- Kim Jong Un Leaves Russia After Week-Long Visit
- 'Leave No One Behind': United Nations Official on Taiwan
- 'A Political Message': Pelson on Huawei 5G Chip Debut